Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tony’s Anatomy-#4:Resistance helps light bulb shine!

 

 

 

 

The story happened when I rotated to neurosurgery department.One day,a patient was sent into the operation room due to intracranial hemorrhage(bleeding inside the brain).I was paged to assist in this emergency surgery.To my surprise,I finished my first experience  of drilling a hole on the skull bone by other two doctors’s assistance.After then the chief resident doctor started to talk about what kind of peosons he wants to be his assitant.He needs someone who will be assistant rather than resistant.Well….it’s common sense ,right?Since I’m quite new to sugical medicine,I was thinking whether I assist the surgery or become a obstuace of others.Then I got a warming answer from another resident doctor who was also assisting in this surgery.Dr.Yeh said to the chief resident doctor:”A light bulb need resistance(R) to shine or radiate light.” I guess whenever I meet diffiuclties, I’ll thnik of these words.



Tony

0 comments:

About This Blog

The head photo is from a Vienna Prater train staion.Is it interesting ? I will try to write down interesting ideas as possible as I can. Tony

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP