Friday, December 24, 2010

Without Facebook-#2 Merry Christmas

Being a volunteer really lights my passion!

In December, we are assigned to help the community in a rural area. We dissipate meals to self-living elders and help them measure blood pressure. In every Wednesday, we accompany children reading books and help them to correct their homeworks.These children come from poor family and the church help to take care of them in order to keep them not to become a ganster or have a bad behavior.When I  accompany children, I found them quite easily satisfied. Maybe just a candy or a game playing can fulfill their desire.In contrast, I found I was not a easily satisfied person. My mind is easily affected by the advertisement, TV show or others’ suggestions. Like Christmas, there’re many promotions and naturally you would like to have a better dinner or an expansive gift. It’s not a shame to have luxury stuff but it’d be better if we can adovocate ourselft or donate some money to help the world. I really found I became more easily satisfied and treasure what I already have after being a volunteer.

 

 

IMG_4059

The mobile free bookstore

 IMG_4058

 

 IMG_4056

There’re many story and picture books.

 

 

IMG_3979

A game playing between children

 

 

I planned to go home this weekend but my mother already went to a camp for young people. My mother doesn’t have a high education, high salary or reputation. But she does volunteering nearly everyday! More surprising, she refused my monthly money support and asked me to turn it to help poor family. As her wish, I donated much money every month.I think I gave up the chance to have a good watch, clothes or car (No doubt!, I donated more than a car’s price). As my mother, I am not looking for being memorized or having a good reputation. Except this diary, I don’t  ever talk or mention my donation with anyone.

It’s Christmas now and it’s time to make a wish.

Wish I can become more smart and have more power to help others.

 

Tony@2010 Christmas

 

 

 

0 comments:

About This Blog

The head photo is from a Vienna Prater train staion.Is it interesting ? I will try to write down interesting ideas as possible as I can. Tony

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP